Equine Farm Management has more than 30 years of progressive management experience with proven abilities and expertise in the following:
- Management and Supervision
- Human Resource Administration
- Budget Preparation and Management
- Organization and Coordination
- Negotiation and Arbitration
- Facility Management
- Breeding and Racing Stock Management
- Customer/Client Services
- Training and Evaluations
- Managed the operation of operations with annual budgets between $200,000 and $10,000,000. Supervised the managers, administrative staff, and laborers. Effectively oversaw all hiring and firing, payroll, equine care, and maintenance of all facilities and equipment. Formulated and met or exceeded yearly budgets.
- Planned and organized the development and construction of numerous new facilities, from single barns to entire farms. Developed budgets and liaised, negotiated, and arbitrated between architects, contractors and owners.
- Researched the effects of various hormonal treatments on the duration of estrus and time of ovulation in mares. The main trial involved 54 mares and was conducted over a five-month period. This required a thorough study of reproductive physiology, knowledge of experimental design, accurate record keeping, and interpretation of the results.
- Implemented a weekly, monthly, and yearly evaluation procedure for addressing grievances, performance, etc., to assist supervisors and workers to communicate more effectively and work more productively. Initiated various training programs that effectively utilized employee strengths, increased product knowledge, and improved morale and team building.
- Hired and organized multiple new management teams for farms of varying sizes, uses, and scopes.
- Co-authored a computer program for farm management. The software provided a detailed method for keeping track of horses, treatments, race records, billing, and payables. We also provide exceptional knowledge and application of software programs for farm management use, including Microsoft Office, Windows, and QuickBooks.
- President of Equine Farm Management, Inc., Versailles, KY (1994-Present)
- President of Chanteclair Farm, Inc., Versailles, KY (1995-Present)
- General Agent at Bank Sales Agency, Lexington, KY (1994)
- Owner/Operator of King Mountain Getaways, Toponas, CO (1993)
- General Manager at Juddmonte Farms, Lexington, KY (1986-1992)
- Farm Manager at Buck Pond Farm, Versailles, KY (1984-1986)
- Assistant Manager at Three Chimneys Farm, Midway, KY (1981-1984)
- Assistant Broodmare Manager at Spendthrift Farm, Lexington, KY (1980-1981)
- Farm Manager at Sunset Acres, El Paso, TX (1977-1980)
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 1977 – Master of Science Degree in Reproductive Physiology
- Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, 1974 – Bachelor of Science Degree in Bio-Agricultural Science
Published Scientific Papers
- Master’s Thesis: “Appointment Breeding in Mares Following Hormonal Treatment”
- Journal Papers:
- “Effects of Synchronization and Frequency of Insemination on Fertility,” Journal of Reproduction and Fertility Supplement, 1979
- “The Effectiveness of Prostaglandin, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone for Appointment Breeding of Mares” – Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 1981
Associations & Affiliations
- Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers’ Club
- Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
- Kentucky Thoroughbred Association, Inc.
- Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders, Inc.
- Thoroughbred Club of America
- Kentucky Equine Education Project (KEEP)
- Woodford Coalition (President)
- Roundup Riders of the Rockies, Inc.
- Gluck Equine Research Foundation – Board Member
- Woodford Forward
- Old Friends Retirement Farms – Board Member